At Southern Weight Loss and Laparoscopy we understand that you are making a significant financial investment in your physical and emotional wellbeing.
Each package includes: the surgeon, anaesthetist, and hospital fees
- 1 night’s stay in hospital
- 2 years of follow-up with your:
Procedure Estimated Fixed Price (inc GST)
Sleeve Gastrectomy $20139.00
Mini Gastric Bypass $22822.00
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass $24652.00
Initial/ preoperative appointments are not included in the package deal.
Initial Appointments (GST inclusive):
- Surgeon consultation: $350
- Surgeon review (if required): $185
- Dietitian consultation: $150
- Psychologist consultation (if required):
Evidence has shown that safe and successful outcomes require a close follow-up program with your surgeon and dietician.
So, for the first two post-operative years, all follow-up appointments are included.
These appointments will occur at:
- 4- 6 weeks, then
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 12 months
- 18 months and
- 24 months post-surgery.
Blood tests are required prior to each of these follow-up appointments in order to monitor for potential clinical and nutritional complications. Occasionally patients require more frequent visits in addition to those routinely scheduled.
Your GP should then take over your care. You will still be required to have regular blood tests with your GP.
- Your first appointment with our dietician is likely to be after your 4-6 week appointment with Mark and is to check that you are managing your diet well and achieving your protein requirements.
- We can agree to a monitoring process around your progress until you reach a weight loss plateau (no loss during a 4-week period)
- At that point, many people are beginning to slip back into old habits, and we can work on strategies to make sure you are working with your surgery to achieve your weight loss goals.
- You can call and make appointments for body composition scanning and/or to discuss how to manage food in novel situations (at funerals or tangi, on holidays) as and when you need them.
- We strongly recommend reviews at least annually out to 5 years, Mark and Helen will be working together to ensure you get the correct blood tests done annually and Helen will liaise with him and your GP if we have to make changes to your vitamin and mineral supplements. It is also the chance to review eating behaviours and what things are changing in your life that may affect your weight and health.
- Helen has people who have gained benefits from seeing her as a dietitian as many as 20 years post-weight loss surgery.