Many of us have asked ourselves this question. So, weight loss surgery may be appropriate for you: If you have struggled with your excess weight and have gone through a process of Yo-Yo dieting with extended periods of weight loss and gain. If so, you are not alone. Evidence has shown that up to 95% of diets fail, with people regaining their lost weight again shortly after losing it. *
Successful weight loss surgery can improve your self-esteem. It can enable you to find an improved level of confidence, positive feelings and control over a life that may have been an issue with being overweight for a long time.
Long term effects of any gastric surgery are reliant on a patient making the necessary changes to lifestyle, particularly in relation to diet and exercise.
*Mann T, Tomiyama A, Westling E et al. Medicare’s search for effective obesity treatments: diets are not the answer. Am Psychol 2007;62(3)220-233
- Be over the age of 18
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 to 39 with obesity related health problems previously described.
- Have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40 or above, with or without obesity related health problems previously described.
- Demonstrate full commitment to achieving control of your weight.
- A genuine desire to overcome your obesity problems and
- An informed knowledge about both the benefits and the risks of weight loss surgery
if you have any questions get in touch